Times have changed! Yesterday I witnessed a house fire in my neighborhood. The details of how it started are unclear but it went up very fast.
100 years ago if a home in the neighborhood caught fire, the neighborhood would rally with buckets of water to put it out. Yesterday the only thing people were reaching for were their cell phones. It was amazing to me how people were so fascinated by the unfortunate situation of a neighbor that they wanted to get it on camera and video.
Watching this happen made me realize that while technology has connected us to one another, it’s disconnecting us on an emotional level. I believe that technology, although a wonderful tool is changing how we act as human beings. It’s numbing our senses and creating gaps in our relationships. Would you agree?
Leave a comment
Share This Post
- Interruptions, A Productivity Killer
- Ruts, routines, rituals, and your time
- Where Your Time Goes, There Are Your True Priorities.
- Integrate, don’t contaminate, work-life activities
- The Three Stages Of Interruptions
- 7 tips to manage our phone calls more effectively.
- Save Time, Use The Six Thinking Hats
- Schedule A Race Against Time
- Noise Polluters Are The New Age Time Robbers
- Just In Time, Time Management
- Get what you want out of life
- It’s dinner time!
- Become a dedicated note taker to save time
- Do you suffer from FPAA?
- A fire is not an interruption of a fire-fighter’s work
- Apps Reviews
- Attack Blog
- Choosing Activities
- Droid Apps
- Drop In Visitors
- General Blog Entries
- iPad Apps
- iphone Apps
- Lost Time
- Mac Apps
- Phone Calls
- Productivity Tips
- Time Management
- Time Management Tracking
- Tools and Downloads
- Transition Time Management